Our 2017-2018 Season "Harpsichord Rapid-Play: Moves from the Baroque's Opening to Endgame" takes audiences on a glorious musical journey through the Baroque exploring the influences of acclaimed composers, differing national styles, & developments in keyboard instruments. Our line-up of exceptionally talented harpsichordists & other artists promises to make each of our ten concerts an unforgettable musical experience.
Featured artists this season include:
- Alberto Busettini, Harpsichord. After studying in Italy, the Netherlands & at the renowned Chigiana Academy, Alberto Busettini performs extensively across Europe as soloist, conductor & accompanist. He is Harpsichordist and “Maestro di Sala” for Early and Baroque Music Projects in the famed Teatro La Fenice, Venice, & is on the Faculty of Music in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- Jean Rondeau, Harpsichord. In his mid twenties Jean Rondeau is already internationally renowned as an exceptional musician with rare talent. He is one of the youngest first prize winners of the prestigious International Harpsichord Competition in Bruges (2012). He performs in solo, chamber music & orchestra concerts across Europe & the Americas.
- Lea Desandre, Mezzo soprano. Following studies in Paris & Venice, this young French-Italian garnered many very prestigious awards and First Prizes. She performs worldwide under the baton of William Christie.
- Thomas Dunford, Lute. After receiving First Prize with honors at the Conservatoire Supérieur de Paris, Thomas Dunford continued his studies at Schola Cantorum, Basel. He is recognized as one of the world's most talented lutenists performing in the world’s most prestigious venues, including New York’s Carnegie Hall & London’s Wigmore Hall.
- Peter Sykes, Harpsichord & Clavichord. Amongst the most distinguished & versatile keyboard artists today, Peter Sykes performs & records on the organ, harpsichord & clavichord, & teaches at Boston University & the Juilliard School of Music.
- Ignacio Prego, Harpsichord. This Spanish harpsichordist has received international acclaim for his performances & numerous recordings. Reviewers describe him as having “…overwhelming elegance & extraordinary control” (Scherzo Magazine) & performing “heavenly harpsichord music” (Juilliard Journal). He is the receipient of prestigious awards.
- Janine Johnson, Harpsichord. Known for the intricate artwork with which she adorns world-class harpsichords, the multitalented Janine Johnson is also a composer & gifted harpsichordist with a style both elegant & extremely agile.
- Keyvan Chemirani, Persian Zarb & Santoor. Performing internationally as soloist & accompanist, Keyvan Chemirani crosses music genres with ease, frequently joining the Jasmine Project (with Jean Rondeau & Thomas Dunford) to perform improvised Eastern & Baroque music.
Aberfoyle Baroque is also pleased to announce expanded collaborations this Season with the following entities:
International Wine Review; Opera Lafayette; Audubon Naturalist Society (Woodend Sanctuary & Mansion); Wolf Instruments LLC.